Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Early Home Movies

While looking for other footage on YouTube the other day, I stumbled across this home movie footage, narrated by Michael, showing the Jackson 5 in their early years. We see Tito, Michael, Jackie and Jermaine playing in the snow in front of their house, beginning at about 2:14.



But more interesting for music lovers is the early performance footage. The home movie shot in the Jacksons' living room was used in the closing credits of The Making of Thriller, but here you can actually hear the music they were playing, something I've always wondered about. It also shows footage of the J5 performing at a party in Gary. I'd love to see more footage like this. Maybe Katherine Jackson will release it some day.

5 comments:

  1. Isn't that just the music they used for the TV special? I'm not sure it's the actual music from the film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so to Mary. It sounds like the stock music they used later in this special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, incredible to see, J5 performing at a party. VINTAGE! I also love Michael's "I don't like to tour" business near the end. Anytime you can see Michael being spontaneously funny is gold.

    -Sir Lev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I see some of us watch "The Jacksons: An American Dream" more than others...

    Sir Lev: Me, too, but that part also made me feel so sad, knowing that Michael spent his final days preparing for a tour he probably didn't want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm confused about the American Dream reference. :)

    ReplyDelete