Thursday, December 23, 2010

Song Fragments

I've played the Jackson 5 Christmas Album countless times over the years and it never struck me until this year just how many pieces of other songs are embedded int he songs they sing. I know fans always hope for Christmas Album outtakes, and hearing these little fragments of songs within songs makes me wonder if there were longer versions recorded of all of them.

Here are the ones I've noticed:
  1. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas -- "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" in the fade out at the end
  2. The Christmas Song -- "Jingle Bells" in the fade out at end
  3. Up on the Housetop -- "Here Comes Santa Claus" is sung at the beginning, and at the middle. (Also, while it's not a song, a verse from "The Night Before Christmas" is rapped before Jermaine's verse)
  4. Someday at Christmas -- "White Christmas" played at the beginning and again at the end
Have I missed any song fragments?

No comments:

Post a Comment